Mapwarper.net is getting an upgrade of code early this first week in April.
- Keyboard shortcuts
- New JSON-API and docs
- Map caching for faster maps
- Bigger map windows
- Upgraded Ruby and Rails versions
- Changed “my maps” to “favourites”
- Changed “layers” to “mosaics”
- Social logins – OpenStreetMap, Github and Facebook
- Year / date search
- Translation support
- Added Mapbox Satellite layer
- Search for an existing map or mosaic to help rectification
- Ability to add an “Z/X/Y” Tile layer to help rectification
- Upload CSV of Control Points for a map
- Download CSV of control points for any map
- Many bugs fixed and much other things I forgot to list above!
You might particularly enjoy the keyboard shortcuts:
The “a” shortcut does some auto-magic where if you have 3 or more points, it will automatically place the other point at the place where it thinks works best.
To try out these latest features yourself visit http://mapwarper.net
Let me know what you think!